Monday, November 26, 2012

Trey Ziegler Gets a DUI, Gets Suspended

My City My :(

Trey Ziegler proves that in addition to making terrible decisions on the court, he can also make them off the court.

Dixon has suspended Ziegler from the team until further notice.  Ziegler issued this statement:

"I want to apologize to my family, the University of Pittsburgh, my teammates and coaches and the entire Pittsburgh community.  This is not indicative of the kind of person I am, nor the kind of person I want to be."

Dixon stated that he believes it was out of character for Trey, but that he understands and respects the importance of accountability for one's actions.

Obviously, this isn't that big of a blow for Pitt in the short term as Ziegler was not contributing much.  However, Pitt will need Ziegler to mesh with the team if they are to compete in March.  This obviously gives him fewer games to do so.

Ugh,
J.O.

1 comment :

  1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qnV55LUFVM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

    ReplyDelete