Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Game 12: Pitt 71 Delaware State 43

And we're liveblogging this.

Adams with a block on the open possession for the Hornets, big time play not leaving his feet.  Woodall hit a baseline jumper, and Pitt leads 2-0.

Hornets guard just took it right to Pitt and dished off at the last second for an easy dunk.  Ugh.

I think Tray just did the Sam Young pump fake.  He did some crazy scoop shot that went in.  If he missed it, I would have been pissed at him.

Dad just asked me if the Pete was there when I was a freshman.
Geez Dad, I'm not that old.

J.J. Moore with a rainbow jump shot.  It almost hit the ceiling and he buried it, NBA-type shot.

J-Rob just turned it over.  I'm confused.  Evidently they're interviewing him at half time.

The Hornets are banking in 3's.  I give up.  Pitt leads 12-9.

Offensive pass interference on Steven Adams for pushing off.  I wasn't aware this was football.

Ziegler just reached in, should have been a foul.  Ref felt bad for him and didn't call it because he knows Trey Ziegler sucks.

Johnson with the steal, Ziegler with the lay-up on the fast break and the foul.  He blows the free throw, but then blocks a shot at the other end.

Ziegler with the most polarizing 3 possessions in Pitt basketball history.  Woodall caught the 10a and was called for traveling.

Both teams getting unreal rolls from the rim.

Pitt with a million turnovers.  They just called time-out.


I just remembered the Cincy game is New Years Eve at noon.  I work until noon.  I'll have to rely on the radio for the first half while I drive home.

Pitt's losing, and I'm looking for the nearest bridge.

Oh yeah, I forgot.  I can no longer go to games in the Zoo because I'm not registered for any classes in the Spring.  I'll be doing some Zoo memory posts over Christmas break.

I need a new blog name.

View from my couch?

View from ESPN3?

Loose ball scramble in the paint.  Patterson gains control and dishes to Moore for the flush.  Miss by Delaware State is followed by a transition dunk by Zanna from Robinson.  Robinson has 4 assists right now.


Woodall just threw an alley-oop to Patterson that was about 18 feet too high.


Pitt is shooting 68% to Delaware State's 45.8%, but Pitt's 8 turnovers are allowing the Hornets to keep it close.  It's 31-27 Pitt at the break.

Second half is about to start.

BGW
It's a brick house from both teams to start the second half.

Zanna dunked.  Next possession Zanna was all alone, but Hornets pushed him and he made the layup.  It was a possible and 1, but he missed the free throw.

Woodall immediately stole it at mid-court and threw it to Zanna for another dunk.  Oh and Patterson just dunked.  Yikes.  Three dunks and a lay-up in about 40 seconds.

Pitt is playing like the Mon-Stars right now.  They're dunking everything.  Unless Delaware State brings out Bugs Bunny after this media time-out they're screwed.

Second half is a snooze fest.  Pitt is dominating.

I'm having an argument with my Dad about the color of Panthers.  He thinks they're all black.  I showed him a picture of a Panther from North America.

Why do you think Roc is gold, Dad?


Pitt outscored them 40-16 in the second half.  Pitt typical.

They only had one turnover in the second half.  Zanna had 20 and 9, Adams had 10 and 8 with 4 blocks, and J-Rob and Tray combined for 17 assists.

Adams is turning a corner.  He was dominant defensively.

BGW again

J-Rob with 9 assists versus 1 turnover.  Yessir.

Pitt plays Kennesaw State at 5 pm on Sunday.

Hail to Pitt,
J.O.


No comments :

Post a Comment